Public vs. private content
Whether or not this happens depends on if the content is public or private.
Public content has the following attributes:
- It never appears in the user's Uploads tab
- It never counts against the user's upload quota
If a user needs to authenticate before using a content extension, Canva considers its content to be private.
Private content has the following attributes:
- It always appears in the user's Uploads tab
- It always counts against the user's upload quota
- All content must have a unique ID that always refers to the same piece of content. This ensures that, if the content already exists on Canva's servers, users don't have to wait for it to upload.
- If a piece of content changes, make sure to assign a new ID to that content. If you don't, the old content may appear in the user's design.